Elizabeth was born on November 3, 2010 at 1:45 in the afternoon. We are transitioning our pregnancy blog to her baby blog. While most of her pictures will be hosted on our Shutterfly website, we hope to include some fun stories about her development.
http://pollockfamilywebsite.shutterfly.com/
You can email me for the password at shannonpollock@verizon.net

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Our Birth Story

I started having contractions on 11/2/10 at approximately 10 pm when we got into bed. I was able to sleep in between them for awhile, until they got closer together and more painful. I woke Cory around midnight to tell him. We waited until about 2:30 am when they were a lot closer together and he started timing them. The Dr said to go to the hospital when they lasted a minute and came every 5 minutes for at least an hour. Around 3:30 we decided to shower and start getting everything ready. Cory got us to Newport in record time. They took us to a room to see how far along I was. The nurse determined that I was 3 cm dialated and they admitted me at 4:30. After hooking me up to all the machines and checking my blood, they adminstered the epidural. I was very ready for it by then. After that it was smooth sailing for the rest of the morning. I couldn't feel a thing. By 9 am, I wasn't dialated any further, so they broke my water and administered pitocin to sppd up the labor. I slowly progressed throughout the day. Around noon, I started feeling pressure and the nurse started helping me push. Once she determined I was ready, she called the Dr. Apparently I wasn't pushing the same when the Dr arrived. She thought it would be another 1-2 hours, so she left. The nurse continued to help me push and things progressed quickly. She was coming when I had contractions and I wasn't even pushing. The Dr wasn't going to make it back to the hospital in time, so the Dr on call came to deliver. She was born at 1:44 pm. They immediately laid her on my chest and she was perfect. They took her away to clean her up and she had some trouble breathing. There was still some amniotic fluid in her lungs. They brought her back to lay on my chest for a few more minutes and then decided that they wanted to take her to the nursery for observation. Cory stayed with her, while they cleaned me up. Two hours later, I was able to leave the delivery room and go visit her in the nursery. They were waiting to see certain improvements and so far, they hadn't. Cory was able to visit her off and on. It was really hard not being able to hold her for so long. Around 11 pm they finally brought her to our room and she was just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment