Elizabeth was born on November 3, 2010 at 1:45 in the afternoon. We are transitioning our pregnancy blog to her baby blog. While most of her pictures will be hosted on our Shutterfly website, we hope to include some fun stories about her development.
http://pollockfamilywebsite.shutterfly.com/
You can email me for the password at shannonpollock@verizon.net

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, August 28, 2010

She's right on schedule

As I mentioned in my last post the doctor ordered an ultrasound to determine how big out little girl is, Our appointment was Thursday. The pictures aren't as good as the early ones we've posted. She's just too big to fit all of her on the screen now. We got a few good profile pictures and they once again confirmed she's a girl. She's measuring consistent with her due date and weighs about 3 1/2 lbs. Only thing we saw that is a little bit of a concern is that she's standing straight up instead of having her head down. A few months ago when I was reading the development milestones, it mentioned when her inner ear developed. So she knows which way is up. Maybe she doesn't like to be upside down right now. All the books I've read say they will often turn in the last few months. Even right up until a few weeks before. Out of curiosity, I googled "Breach at 31 weeks". It came up with a ton of crazy ideas to get her to turn. As we were leaving the doctor's office Cory says to me, "I guess we'll have to hang you up by your ankles." Apparently people recommend that. Along with shining a light between your legs or playing music between your legs. Don't worry, I don't believe everything I read online : ) Today the doctor said that she wasn't concerned that her head was up, there's plenty of time for her to turn. She did order an ultrasound for the end of September to see how big she is. Apparently they are a little concerned that she's going to be a big baby. She's measuring in the 91st percentile. She mentioned there are some things they can do to try and get her to come early if she really is going to be a big baby. I guess we'll wait and see. I definitely owe some more pictures...later this week should be less busy, so I will try to post some then.

1 comment:

  1. PP's going to be tall! :) Where's the belly picture? I think you need weekly ones from now on...

    ReplyDelete